• Log in with Facebook    Log in with Windows Live    Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Urine and Blood of Prophet [saww]

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Efendi

Efendi

Waiting in the Death Row

• Topics: 1,260
  • Local time: 08:40 PM
  • Religion:Islam (Sunni)

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

:Bismillah:

:Salam:

On two hadith about drinking of urine and blood of prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam)
Answered by: Sheikh Shuaib al-Arnawut (hafizahullah).

Fukaha of past, meaning Abu Haneefa and Shafei ruled that blood and urine of prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam) exactly like (blood and urine) of others.

I don’t know prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam) saying: “My urine is pure and good”. He didn’t say such thing. Let us look at discussed hadith.

In at-Talkhis al-Habir it goes in this way:

Drinking of prophet’s urine by Umm Ayman. And saying of prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam) to her: Due to this your belly wouldn’t enter the hell. And that he didn’t object to her. It was narrated by Hasan ibn Sufyan in his Musnad, by Hakim, Daraqutni, Tabarani, and Abu Nuaym from the way: Abu Malik an-Nahai - Aswad ibn Qays - Nubeyh al-Anazi from Umm Ayman, that: Prophet stood up in the night and pissed into wooden bowl  this was in the corner of the house. I stood up in the night, and I was thirsty. I drunk from that bowl, and didn’t pay attention (to what I am drinking). In the morning prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam) said: “Ya Umm Ayman, pour out this bowl”.  I said: “By Allah I have drunk it”. Prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam) laughed till his teeth became visible, and said: “After this, your belly wouldn’t pain”.

As it is clear from the report, (she) drunk the urine of prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam) through ignorance. If we would accept hadith as authentic, this should be said. But in my view it is not authentic. Because words of prophet upon her drinking the urine “after this your belly wouldn’t pain” are testimony of rejected deed.  Also in such things we would not accept such chain. Exactly as said ibn Hajar, Nubeyh didn’t met Umm Ayman. As it is mentioned here narration also came from ibn Jurayj with words “it was narrated to me from prophet”, and “it was narrated to me”, and here disconnection is obvious. This narration is also present in our tahqiq of ibn Hibban. There mentioned bowl, but didn’t mention drinking of urine or Umm Ayman.

Also when we look in Taqrib, we see ibn Hajar named Abu Malik an-Nahai as abandoned. In Talkhis after this report he said that he is weak. As said ibn Hajar his name was Abdulmalik ibn Husayn. Ibn Maeen, Abu Zura, Abu Hatim, Amr ibn Ali, Bukhari, Abu Dawud, Nasai, Daraqutni said he was weak. Nasai in Duafa wal Matrukin said he was abandoned. In the same way Juzajani said he was abandoned.

Aswad ibn Qais which is in the chain is thiqah. With fact that Nubeyh al-Anazi was also thiqah, as ibn Hajar said in Talkhis he didn’t reach Umm Ayman. Due to it, this chain is weak. It wouldn’t be correct to take and rely on it.

The second chain which was narrated by Abdurrazaq from ibn Jurayj is disconnected. And by this it is clear that hadith isn’t authentic.

Conclusion is: Prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam) had bowl, which he pissed into, in the nights. But no one drunk from it.

Source: Anbiya Yildirim“Hadisler ve zihinlerde sorular” pages 228-231, abridged.

Hadith of ibn Zubair drinking his blood:

It is reported that Abdullah ibn Zubair drunk blood from prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam) after bloodletting. But this wasn’t established. All chains are weak. Hafiz ibn Hajar in Talkis considered all chains as weak.

Also how is it possible that Abdullah ibn Zubair, which read Quran, and knew that drinking of blood is prohibited could do such thing? (Maida 3): Forbidden to you is that which dies of itself, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that on which any other name than that of Allah has been invoked, and the strangled (animal) and that beaten to death, and that killed by a fall and that killed by being smitten with the horn, and that which wild beasts have eaten, except what you slaughter, and what is sacrificed on stones set up (for idols) and that you divide by the arrows; that is a transgression (al-ayah).

Source: “Hadisler ve zihinlerde sorular” pages 232-233, abridged.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Jhangvi

#2 OFFLINE   Jhangvi

Jhangvi

Technical Admin

• Admin
  • Topics: 363
  • Local time: 06:40 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

Not relevant to this topic, but a good article though:

Hadith About Drinking Urine in Sahih Al-Bukhari

And when it is said unto them (Kuffars): Believe as these people [Sahabah {R.A}] believe; they say: "Shall we believe as these foolish believe? Alert! they (Kuffars) are the foolish but they know not. {Surah Al-Baqarah, Ayah#13}

224 Urdu Books on Shia - ردِ شیعہ پر 224 اردو کتابیں

#3 OFFLINE   ASHIQ AY SAHABA

ASHIQ AY SAHABA

Advanced Member

• Topics: 211
  • Local time: 05:40 PM
  • Interests:Jihad Against Shia

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Salam-O-Walikum..

Brother check this riwayah:

أن امرأة شربت بول النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فلم ينكر عليها
الراوي: ۔
المحدث: النووي
المصدر: المجموع
الصفحة أو الرقم: 1/234۔
خلاصة حكم المحدث: صحيح

http://www.dorar.net...=&degree_cat0=1

#4 OFFLINE   Efendi

Efendi

Waiting in the Death Row

• Topic Starter

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Salam alaikum.

Yes brother, I am aware that there are two opinions regarding this report.

#5 OFFLINE   ASHIQ AY SAHABA

ASHIQ AY SAHABA

Advanced Member

• Topics: 211
  • Interests:Jihad Against Shia

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

Salam-O-Walikum..

I want to ask  it is mubarak or this women drunk it by mistake what is opinion of the muhadisian?

#6 OFFLINE   Farid

Farid

Advanced Member

• Special Member
  • Topics: 164

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

I cannot have an opinion about this hadith without a chain, and honestly, the dorar.net website isn't something that should be abused, nor relied upon completely.

I would appreciate a chain, but assuming that we are talking about the hadith of Um Ayman, it does appear as though she drank urine accidentally. Of course, the chain is weak.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Jhangvi

#7 OFFLINE   Efendi

Efendi

Waiting in the Death Row

• Topic Starter

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostASHIQ AY SAHABA, on 03 January 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Salam-O-Walikum..

I want to ask  it is mubarak or this women drunk it by mistake what is opinion of the muhadisian?

Shaykh Shuaib Arnawut said:

As it is clear from the report, (she) drank the urine of prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam) through ignorance.

#8 OFFLINE   Khalifa

Khalifa

• Topics: 19
  • Local time: 07:40 PM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostJhangvi, on 03 January 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

Not relevant to this topic, but a good article though:

Hadith About Drinking Urine in Sahih Al-Bukhari
what happend to schiiten and AhlelBayt .com .. does not work

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Jhangvi

Jhangvi

Technical Admin

• Admin
  • Topics: 363
  • Local time: 06:40 AM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

View PostKhalifa, on 22 January 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

what happend to schiiten and AhlelBayt .com .. does not work

http://islamic-forum...ndpost&p=109009

And when it is said unto them (Kuffars): Believe as these people [Sahabah {R.A}] believe; they say: "Shall we believe as these foolish believe? Alert! they (Kuffars) are the foolish but they know not. {Surah Al-Baqarah, Ayah#13}

224 Urdu Books on Shia - ردِ شیعہ پر 224 اردو کتابیں

#10 OFFLINE   tayek ahmed

tayek ahmed

• Topics: 5
  • Local time: 02:40 PM

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

It was the personal life of mohammad (sm). which is impotence between personal life & social life ? Deen Islam is applicable & establish-able meter. in the social life of Mohammad (sm) was very straggle. thanks
Islamic
Dajjal

#11 OFFLINE   Muhammad Moin

Muhammad Moin

• Topics: 7
  • Local time: 08:10 PM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

Narrations regarding purity of urine and faeces of the Prophet (pbuh): A look at their authenticity

Al-Sunnah

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُوا رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ مِنْ نَفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ وَخَلَقَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا وَبَثَّ مِنْهُمَا رِجَالا كَثِيرًا وَنِسَاءً وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ الَّذِي تَسَاءَلُونَ بِهِ وَالأرْحَامَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلَيْكُمْ رَقِيبًا

#12 OFFLINE   ONLINE QURAN

ONLINE QURAN

• Topics: 2
  • Local time: 02:40 PM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

ALLAH o akbar..........