Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jhangvi

LOCKED Support Topic: Farid vs Wasil

81 posts in this topic

For info to Farid and Walid, this thread is made only, if you two needs any support/assistance w.r.t Debate. Means, any sort of administrative or technical support for the Debate. You are free to post any query/request, and if agreed by both of you, that can be provided/facilitated inshaAllah.

P.S: Within this sub-forum section, no one else than Farid, Walid or Me (Jhangvi) can post, and as far as my involvement is concerned, I will restrict myself to this thread (Support Topic) only, for any assistance you need.

[quote name='Jhangvi' timestamp='1313219640' post='96932']
For info to Farid and Walid, this thread is made only, if you two needs any support/assistance w.r.t Debate. Means, any sort of administrative or technical support for the Debate. You are free to post any query/request, and if agreed by both of you, that can be provided/facilitated inshaAllah.

P.S: Within this sub-forum section, no one else than Farid, Walid or Me (Jhangvi) can post, and as far as my involvement is concerned, I will restrict myself to this thread (Support Topic) only, for any assistance you need.
[/quote]
yes thank you

i would like our time for editing to be extended as we are addressing complicated issues and from time to time we would want to add something or omit something. so 30 minutes would be fine i think but I wait for farid's opinion on this .

ws

I think that 15 mins is technically enough. If there are any changes to be later, it can be in the form of another post. That is just my opinion.

[quote name='Farid' timestamp='1313242362' post='96948']
I think that 15 mins is technically enough. If there are any changes to be later, it can be in the form of another post. That is just my opinion.
[/quote]
i agree

salam

please change my religion description from "shiaism" to just Islam as shi'ism is not a religion but sect of Islam.

I define myself and it's not fair for you to define who i am.

This is urgent and i am just a guest here and once the debate ends then i am out of here for good.

if you can't put "islam" then put Shia-Islam.

once i am out of here then change it to whatever you want but this description of my religion as shiaism is an insult.

barakallahu feekom.

ws

Well, the forum settings has two default profiles relating to your religion query:

[i]Islam (Sunni)[/i]
[i]Shiaism[/i]

It will create a mess if we change the default profile of [i]Shiaism[/i] to [i]Shia (Islam)[/i] or something, since it would need re-syncing the entire users database and shuffling etc.

The other available option for religion profile is: [i]Other[/i] which seems bit fine. If you need to add/edit something to your profile, you can do it via Profile Settings. For instance, I have edited your profile card to something like:

Religion: [i]Other[/i]
Interests: [i]Shia-Islam[/i]

If you feel comfortable then fine, else you can define whatever you like so.

[quote name='Jhangvi' timestamp='1313297480' post='96983']
Well, the forum settings has two default profiles relating to your religion query:

[i]Islam (Sunni)[/i]
[i]Shiaism[/i]

It will create a mess if we change the default profile of [i]Shiaism[/i] to [i]Shia (Islam)[/i] or something, since it would need re-syncing the entire users database and shuffling etc.

The other available option for religion profile is: [i]Other[/i] which seems bit fine. If you need to add/edit something to your profile, you can do it via Profile Settings. For instance, I have edited your profile card to something like:

Religion: [i]Other[/i]
Interests: [i]Shia-Islam[/i]

If you feel comfortable then fine, else you can define whatever you like so.
[/quote]

that's fine ! I don't feel really comfortable but would you feel comfortable if it was you in my shoes? but i understand the technical difficulties so no worries Edited by Walid

salam alaykom

dear jhangvi please can you restrict my posting to the thread of debate and this thread. can you do that ? is it technically possible?

and jhangvi one more thing: can i have your word that not a single word would be deleted or changed from the thread for debate between me and brother farid once it's finished and my stay with you here ends. we both are going to put lots of effort into it so inshallah it will be good source of information for both shia and sunnis inshallah.

jazakallah khairan Edited by Walid

[quote name='Walid' timestamp='1313432171' post='97101']
dear jhangvi please can you restrict my posting to the thread of debate and this thread. can you do that ? is it technically possible?[/quote]
Well, technically I have to look into this matter particularly, since I haven't came across such Forum Settings yet. But the other way is, you yourself restrict to post anywhere else than this sub-forum section.

[quote name='Walid' timestamp='1313432171' post='97101']
and jhangvi one more thing: can i have your word that not a single word would be deleted or changed from the thread for debate between me and brother farid once it's finished and my stay with you here ends. we both are going to put lots of effort into it so inshallah it will be good source of information for both shia and sunnis inshallah.[/quote]
Be assure, nothing within this sub-forum section would be edited/deleted as that was the case agreed by you and Farid in principle. However, if there are any objectionable statement, Farid can raise the matter to us (the moderation team) for appropriate action. Else, be assure, the debate will remain preserved inshaAllah.

salam

jhangvi there seems to be many brothers here who are not finding themselves able to understand some of the things discussed between me and farid.

here's what a brother said :
[quote]
salam
the subject is intersting but I think that the subject is not properly introduced
I mean when you first talk about nawadir al hikma, we don't understand, I mean I don't really understand the bet (wager)
Is there a thread where we can share our remarks and thought at your attention you and Farid. ?

sorry for my english, I need to brush it up[/quote]

if farid agrees then this would be good to make a special thread where members can only post questions if they misunderstood something like this brother who didn't understand the relevance of the book nawadiral-hikmah.

I don't want it to be diversionary thread : just for people to ask about things that misunderstand so that we clear things out for them inshallah.

so no discussion is allowed.

also please make sure no insults are allowed in this thread.

if me or farid feel that the new thread should be closed for some reason then i hope you respect this.

if you or farid think of better alternatives then fine. Edited by Walid

I think that there are others that can do this job. Nader, for one, has no issues understanding what is going on. I'm sure that he could handle questions like these.

I'm not really comfortable with me or Walid answering questions about this topic in another thread since it will most likely lead into another debate.

[quote name='Farid' timestamp='1313608776' post='97316']
I think that there are others that can do this job. Nader, for one, has no issues understanding what is going on. I'm sure that he could handle questions like these.

I'm not really comfortable with me or Walid answering questions about this topic in another thread since it will most likely lead into another debate.
[/quote]

agreed

salam alaykom

i hope brother farid is alright. i heard there was some trouble in bahrain so i wonder if jhangvi knows if he is ok!

ws

Yea he's fine Alhamdulillah and Online here on the Forum too.

please disable my chat jhangvi , i am getting many unwanted people trying to anger me. i can go off-line but this doesn't help as i get tempted to speak to some friends and i get rubbish accusations from some people.
it would be also great if you can disable my PM system.
shukran Edited by Walid