Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jhangvi

LOCKED Support Topic: Farid vs Wasil

81 posts in this topic

Seriously? Again?

I'm sorry Walid, but I don't see as to how brother Jhangvi's post could be taken as offensive.

If you're adamant about leaving, then do so after posting those thirteen hadiths, or at least the important ones.

[quote]Ref: http://islamic-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=15926[/quote]
^^ Wasil, it all happened in my absence during hours, with a confusion that the debate might have been finished from your side. Anyways, the topic started by [b]Ebn Hussein[/b] has been removed. Carry-on with your debate with Farid please.

[quote][b]To Forum Members:[/b]

I would like to remind you all that the [i]debate[/i] between Farid and Wasil is not yet over. Refrain from posting any such thread regarding the [i]debate[/i] until or unless it is officially announced and mutually accepted by Farid or Wasil, please. After that, the house will be open for your posts/comments. Thanks

P.S: A recent topic "What did you benefit from the Farid and Weasel debate?" started by [b]Ebn Hussain[/b] on the same has been removed for such.[/quote]

[quote name='Jhangvi' timestamp='1321412229' post='104632']
[quote]Ref: [url="http://islamic-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=15926"]http://islamic-forum...showtopic=15926[/url][/quote]
^^ Wasil, it all happened in my absence during hours, with a confusion that the debate might have been finished from your side. Anyways, the topic started by [b]Ebn Hussein[/b] has been removed. Carry-on with your debate with Farid please.

[quote][b]To Forum Members:[/b]

I would like to remind you all that the [i]debate[/i] between Farid and Wasil is not yet over. Refrain from posting any such thread regarding the [i]debate[/i] until or unless it is officially announced and mutually accepted by Farid or Wasil, please. After that, the house will be open for your posts/comments. Thanks

P.S: A recent topic "What did you benefit from the Farid and Weasel debate?" started by [b]Ebn Hussain[/b] on the same has been removed for such.[/quote]
[/quote]

Ok I am back but this member (ebn hussein) should be given at least a verbal warning because of his moral leprosy and lack of shame.

^ Thanks. Surely I will convey him too verbally.

[quote name='Jhangvi' timestamp='1321435847' post='104640']
^ Thanks. Surely I will convey him too verbally.
[/quote]

thanks

jhangvi can you please sort out this writing problem :

http://islamic-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=14843&view=findpost&p=104653

it's a mess ! can you disable whatever was activated because as you can see my post is not readable anymore

^ Have corrected (i.e. edited) your post to be readable. Go through it and let me know if there remain any error during editing.

jhangvi thank you

now the problem is still there whenever i do the "quote tags" and sometimes when i copy a hadith.

it's frustrating .

also i want you to convince farid to debate about aqeedah and other issues as re-assure him as he seems scared.

Farid don't worry i won't "hurt" you sweetie . i want to discuss other issues while we progress or after we finish with the two narrators ! your choice . this was the agreement before i started the debate with you.

iF you don't know your aqeedah then admit it and i will let go.

[quote name='Wasil' timestamp='1321482969' post='104720']
now the problem is still there whenever i do the "quote tags" and sometimes when i copy a hadith.[/quote]
Refer to this post to use the alternative way: http://islamic-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=14002&view=findpost&p=94240

And when you switch your settings to Simple Editor, use the QUOTE syntax like this, eg:
[code][quote]Farid: This is a debate topic[/quote]

Wasil: Yes I know this is a debate topic[/code]
^ So, you need to put the quoted statement between the QUOTE tags.

Remember:

The QUOTE tag starts with simple word "QUOTE" within enclosed square brackets [b][][/b]
[code][quote][/code]
and it ends with the same square brackets [b][][/b] but with a forward slash [b]/[/b]
[code][/quote][/code]
[quote name='Wasil' timestamp='1321482969' post='104720']
also i want you to convince farid to debate about aqeedah and other issues as re-assure him as he seems scared.[/quote]
Sorry, but I can't help you out on this. You need to talk with Farid yourself.

last two posts of mine were lost . one on the debate thread and one here.

the one here is just a suggestion that two referees are appointed to evaluate the debate so far and decide who won which argument and who did better in certain points or in the whole debate so far etc . in brief we need two judges : one sunni and one shia .
fairness and open-mindedness is a must so i suggest : from sunni side : jhangvi or ali muawiya and from shia side brother Rizvi (i can ask him to join ) or hadeed( already a member here) or lotfilms.
this will keep the readers interested and allow them not to get lost in labyrinth of this debate because the judges will summarize the arguments from me and farid and give a clear concise version for them.

Judges must be fair and not take sides and none of the debaters must get in touch with the judges while they are analyzing the debate so there must be a pact and a vow not to do so by me and farid and also the judges. Also the judges cannot seek any help from a third party.

I hope jhangvi and farid agree to this Edited by Wasil

I don't really see a point calling them judges, since I don't really see it possible that a Shi'ee would judge in my favour, or that a Sunni would judge in yours. Plus, that would just turn into another debate between the "judges". My initial view was that [u]when we are both done[/u], we can have some of the brothers writing summaries for those that don't want to go through the whole thing.

[quote name='Farid' timestamp='1322083989' post='104759']
I don't really see a point calling them judges, since I don't really see it possible that a Shi'ee would judge in my favour, or that a Sunni would judge in yours. Plus, that would just turn into another debate between the "judges". My initial view was that [u]when we are both done[/u], we can have some of the brothers writing summaries for those that don't want to go through the whole thing.
[/quote]

well it's not a debate : each referee can summarize his views about the debate and they don't have to discuss them with each other : just a thread with two posts : one for the sunni judge and one for the shia judge.

they can say who is winning or who won parts and lost others parts that's different matter .

you said:
[quote]

[u]when we are both done[/u], we can have some of the brothers writing summaries for those that don't want to go through the whole thing.
[/quote]

Which brothers ? the Khariji lunatics with brains no better than reptiles ? sorry ! there's some people i trust they can be fair like ali muawiya and jhangvi and i am sure the brothers from shi'i side i mentioned can be fair.

their view won't mean that they have the final word but they can make it easier for the readers to see the main arguments .and to understand both shia and sunni take on the debate and how they see it .

the debate is still on and i have many hadiths left so their views would be just to keep the readers interested and to maybe make the debaters make more efforts and in your case study more.

Well, I would not bias towards Farid or in opposition to you, but in my view, such effort will be more disturbing than the on going debate between you two. What if the judges oppose to each other, who would be the final judge.... and so on....

Personally I don't buy this idea to be beneficial when the debate is still on. It would have been a point if such would've called from the very first when rules between you and Farid were on the run. For now, it will ruin the efforts put in by you both, rather popping out any fruitful results.

Let the readers to decide themselves, as to who is on upper edge and whom not.

And yes, in the end, we will open the house for Q & A session. And after that, if required and mutually accepted, can summarize/declare the debate officially.

[quote]And yes, in the end, we will open the house for Q & A session.[/quote]
This is a good idea. I would like to see the feedback of readers.

I am willing to accept that other members start asking questions without any comments on the debaters and without any disrespect and without giving their opinions about the debate. just questions and observations and it would be good if two topics are opened : one for Farid and one for me [u]or just one topic[/u] where me and farid answer the questions : so every person asking must start by saying: my question to wasil or my question to farid ... or I have few observation and i need the comment of wasil or farid ...etc.

but one poster at a time and nobody is allowed to post until the first poster questions are answered. this would be easier for me and farid.
how's this ?

ps: my last two posts were lost . the last one from the debate thread where i answered farid disappeared . do i have to do it again or will the admin be able to restore it. Edited by Wasil

[quote name='Wasil' timestamp='1322169931' post='104829']
I am willing to accept that other members start asking questions without any comments on the debaters and without any disrespect and without giving their opinions about the debate. just questions and observations and it would be good if two topics are opened : one for Farid and one for me [u]or just one topic[/u] where me and farid answer the questions : so every person asking must start by saying: my question to wasil or my question to farid ... or I have few observation and i need the comment of wasil or farid ...etc.

but one poster at a time and nobody is allowed to post until the first poster questions are answered. this would be easier for me and farid.
how's this ?[/quote]
OK, we will inshaAllah as agreed by both of you. But as I said earlier, it will be in the end, to open the house for Q & A session.

[quote name='Wasil' timestamp='1322169931' post='104829']
my last two posts were lost . the last one from the debate thread where i answered farid disappeared . do i have to do it again or will the admin be able to restore it.[/quote]
[warning]Ref: http://islamic-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=12515&view=findpost&p=104752

Our technical team members tried their best to upgrade the forum, but unfortunately due to few critical bugs and server issues, the same has been postponed. Due to this, we have reverted back the Forum to its previous stage, as that was on Nov 17[sup]th[/sup] 2011. However the posts which were made during/after the upgrade process, are lost (from Nov 18[sup]th[/sup] - Nov 20[sup]th[/sup]), for which we are extremely sorry. Since the entire database has been reverted back, those posts during the duration as mentioned can't be retrieved.

Again, on behalf of HCY management, I apologize from you all for the inconvenience you faced while accessing the Forum.[/warning]
Sorry, those posts can't be retrieved from database, you have to post it again.