Farid

Important Points on Hadith Sciences

39 posts in this topic

Exactly this is my point, thank you for posting the views of the scholars but more importantly

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]From my memory I know this much about some of them:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]> Mohammad bin Omar Al-Waqidi (the shaikh of Ibn Sa'ad) = [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ibn Hajar said: Abandoned[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bukhari and others said: Abandoned[b] (Why? not so long ago someone quoted him)[/b][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]> Lut bin Yahya Abu Mikhnaf = [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Dhabai said: He was a [/font][/color][i]Rafidi[/i]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Abu Hatim said: Matrook Hadith. [b]Just becasue your a Rafidi does not mean you are rejected. He is still depended upon when it comes to history either way whats the chain from these scholars to him?)[/b][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]> [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Jabir Al-Ju'fi = [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ibn Hibban said: He was one of the Sabaites, the followers of Abdullah ibn Saba. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ibn Hajar said: [/font][/color][i]Rafidi[/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] and weak.[b] (Why is he weak? What chain is from Ibn Hajar and Ibn Hibban to prove he was a Sabaite)[/b][/font][/color]

Shabaz, I am only quoting the views of the scholars. Why do you disagree when you have no knowledge of hadith sciences?

Its not a matter of this brother I am a noboy, I know its their opinion but they don't have to always be right as I have seen before in this forum. Plus the burden off proof is upon the scholar to prove all these claims? If everything is based around chains, then whats the connection between them and the narrator?

Shabaz, akhi, this matter may be too big for you to comprehend. That is fine. Inshallah you will understand one day. If you'd like, you can always open a thread asking about a specific narrator, but this thread is not for this. This thread is for matters that are agreed upon and your doubts do not change that in any way.

^ Shabaz Qadari is a sister.

You're most welcome akhi.

akhee Farid

Balathuri is famous in scholars for his writings specially (Ansab Al ashraf and Futuh Al bildan) is this not surprising that scholars of Rijal did not write reliability of Balathuri.
akhee can you elaborate more means what is the reason behind ?

I wouldn't know either akhi. Perhaps they were unsure of his reliability. He is a very unique case, since it is rare for such a famous person to have a biography but no praise/criticism.

[quote name='Farid' timestamp='1357660115' post='129599']
For centuries, Shias have been quoting narrations that are found in Sunni books and shoving them in the faces of Sunnis. [color=#ff0000][size=5]Those that have the tools, the Arabic, the knowledge of hadith sciences, have been able to differentiate the authentic from the weak.[/size][/color] [color=#0000ff][size=5]While those that didn't have these tools were left questioning the reliability of these narrations. This is especially true today, in the age of internet, where arguments have reached the masses that have not studied these fields sufficiently to defend themselves.[/size][/color]

Firstly, it is important to note that Ahlulsunnah are extremely special in the sense that they narrate that which supports them and that which is against them. Due to their fairness, they have documented a lot of narrations that do indeed go against Islamic teachings and Sunni views. Unfortunately, those from other sects, like the Shias, take advantage of this, and quote these narrations, often claiming that they are authentic.
[/quote]

This is because shias are smart (cunningly satanic).
They fabricated hadiths, included to sunni books (those days there were no shia books of hadiths, so obviously shias and sunnis both were compiling hadiths at the same place).

Sunnis are genius! They have the hadith science; but in the access of who? The scholars, right!
What about hadith? Is it in access of scholars ONLY?
Of course NOT!

And that's why such hadiths are doing a very good job by misguiding sunnis and others to shi'ism.

Well done the satanic sect of Abdullah ibn Saba, and sorry for the heedless and reckless sunnis.. Edited by Sonador

[quote]1- The following scholars are seen as very lenient when it comes to strengthening narrations:

Ibn Hibban
Al-Hakim Al-Nisapuri
Al-Haythami
Ahmad Shakir[/quote]

Few points:

With regards to Ibn Hibban then besides being lenient he was from the most harsh in criticism, if not the most harsh. So his ruling are to be judged based on the ruling of other scholars. Besides that, Ibn Hibban's leniency was mostly regarding Majhool al-Haal narrators and not necessarily in all cases.
Another point regarding Ibn Hibban is that there are a lot of contradictions in his rulings. A lot of narrators whom he mentioned in Thiqaat could also be seen in al-Majrooheen with harsh criticism.

With regards to Al-Hakim then his Tasahul is specific to al-Mustadrak. As for his other books then he is like any other scholar in that. It was said by Sh Al-Mu'allimi in at-Tankeel.

^ Agreed and agreed.

There is a decent book out there about why Ibn Hibban included narrators in both Thiqat and Majrooheen and tries to make sense out of things. Can't remember the name of the author though...

I noticed that ibn Hibban lists as Thiqah and non-Thiqah a man, if this man's reliability is differed upon?

[quote name='Hani' timestamp='1396453605' post='142602']
I noticed that ibn Hibban lists as Thiqah and non-Thiqah a man, if this man's reliability is differed upon?
[/quote]

How are you Akhi.

[quote name='Maripat Abu Adil' timestamp='1396455075' post='142608']
[quote name='Hani' timestamp='1396453605' post='142602']
[/quote]

How are you Akhi.
[/quote]

Wa `Aleykum al-Salam,

I remember a Maripat from sunni-forum? right? : )