Optimus Prime

ALL Prophets have knowledge of the unseen?

7 posts in this topic

I was watching this lecture because I was bored.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPdM2yf1u4I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPdM2yf1u4I[/url]

Watch it from 3000 to 35:00.

He talks about angel of death was sent to Idris (AS) and how he dies and then came back to life and then he was chilling in Jannah and then he started arguing with the Angel of death because he refuted to back to Earth. He looks like a Baraweli speaker no doubt. In addition Isa (AS) is currently in the heavens, so he points out Prophet are still alive and have knowledge of ghyab (unseen).

I thought only Mohammed (SAW) had a glimpse of the unseen?

First you need to properly understand the meaning of the term 'Ilm al-Ghaib' when it is used in connection with Allah. Only Allah has the Knowledge of the Unseen with Him, as for the rest of His creations, then they only know the unseen if Allah informs them about it. [u]And not everything is told to the Prophets and the Messengers.[/u] Many times we hear that people approached Prophet Mohammed (saw) with a question and he refuse to give an answer. And then after sometimes he calls them back and give the answer. i.e. at the time when they asked him, he did not know the answer. And Allah would immediately send an angel to the prophet with the answer. And there are many things which Allah did not inform His messenger, from stories of the past nations, and the past prophets or everything which will take place in the future etc, etc.

[b]And [We sent] messengers about whom We have related [their stories] to you before[color=#b22222] and messengers about whom We have not related to you.[/color] (4-164)[/b]

[b]And We have already sent messengers before you. Among them are those [whose stories] We have related to you,[color=#b22222] and among them are those [whose stories] We have not related to you.[/color] (40-78)[/b]

So the point of difference between us and the other sects and cults is that, they believe Prophets had the power to know the unseen whereas we believe that they only knew the unseen if Allah informed them. Also not everything is related to the prophets from the matters of the unseen except for those things which will help them in their dawah to the people. Edited by UmarBinKhatab

[quote name='UmarBinKhatab' timestamp='1401170654' post='145123']
First you need to properly understand the meaning of the term 'Ilm al-Ghaib' when it is used in connection with Allah. Only Allah has the Knowledge of the Unseen with Him, as for the rest of His creations, then they only know the unseen if Allah informs them about it. [u]And not everything is told to the Prophets and the Messengers.[/u] Many times we hear that people approached Prophet Mohammed (saw) with a question and he refuse to give an answer. And then after sometimes he calls them back and give the answer. i.e. at the time when they asked him, he did not know the answer. And Allah would immediately send an angel to the prophet with the answer. And there are many things which Allah did not inform His messenger, from stories of the past nations, and the past prophets or everything which will take place in the future etc, etc.

[b]And [We sent] messengers about whom We have related [their stories] to you before[color=#b22222] and messengers about whom We have not related to you.[/color] (4-164)[/b]

[b]And We have already sent messengers before you. Among them are those [whose stories] We have related to you,[color=#b22222] and among them are those [whose stories] We have not related to you.[/color] (40-78)[/b]

So the point of difference between us and the other sects and cults is that, they believe Prophets had the power to know the unseen whereas we believe that they only knew the unseen if Allah informed them. Also not everything is related to the prophets from the matters of the unseen except for those things which will help them in their dawah to the people.
[/quote]

Jazak'Allah for the explanation, akhi. I understand.

The narration in question, I take is not authentic then about Idris (AS)? According to this guy Idris (AS) was chilling and is still in Jannah and refused to come back to Earth.

Do we believe only Mohammed (SAW) due to his trip to the heavens, Adam (AS) from his time in Jannah with Hawa' (AS) from the start and Isa (AS) due to his acension to the heave are the only ones who've [i]seen[/i] glimpses of the unseen?

(He is the) Knower of the Unseen. So He does not let anyone know the Unseen created by Him.. except a messenger whom He 
chooses (to inform through revelation), Surah Jinn verse 26, 27

Narrated Masruq: `Aisha (RA) said, "If anyone tells you that Muhammad(PBUH) has seen his Lord, he is a liar, for Allah says: 'No  vision can grasp Him.' (6.103) And if anyone tells you that Muhammad(PBUH) has seen the Unseen, he is a  liar, for Allah says: "None has the knowledge of the Unseen but Allah." 

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 7380
In-book reference : Book 97, Hadith 10
Edited by kmjamal