al-a3sha

Syedna Mua'wiya (Radi Allahu Anhu)

292 posts in this topic

If two believers have differences between each other or even if two believers coming to blows is very different when two believers who take up swords against each other and willing to have hundreds of people killed in the process. Then in that case one is a bad person and the other is a good person. One is just professing to be a believer and the other person is with the truth.

15828[/snapback]

Mr. Idiot, the ayah says طَائِفَتَانِ which means 2 Parties, or 2 Groups not one believer against another believer. Also, the ayah says that both parties are believers.

Maybe in your case you are not aware that none other than the Prophet Mohammad image008.gif himself said many many time that Ali is with the truth and the truth is with ALI.

ALI. ALI.

hadeeth is fabricated, wake up and smell the coffee.

Ask yourself seriously as to why you are having such a difficult time answering this question. These two men fought and if you had to choose side on that fateful day whose side would you have fought for? For me the answer is very simple ALI.

Good for you.

LAst but not least I must say you are one of the easiest people i have ever debated. You are just a plain moron lol.

You are clearly fooling yourself. You are steadfastly refusing to answer my question. Are you on the side of Ali or Moawia? You know very well your answer will open a can of worms. Furthermore you are playing with words. Parties and groups are always formed when two armies face each other. The leader of one group was ALI and the other was Moawia. On that fateful day whose side would you have been on? You do not have the moral courage to answer such a simple question. You are having the toughest time of your life answering that question.

Enver Khorasanee

You say the hadees is fabricated. Below are your own hadees which will confirm what I said in very similar words, but have the same spirit and meaning. You are no reader.

For detailed account of the battle of Khandak, the following books may be consulted.

1. Kitabul Mukhtasar fi Akhbaril Bashar by Abul Fida.

2. Izalat ul Khifa by Shah Waliullah Dehlavi.

3. Tarikh e Kamil by Ibna e Aseer Juzari.

4. Tabari

Muawiya accepted Islam only when he saw that he was surrounded by the Muslims whom he and his family had been unable to eradicate. This was two years before the departure of the Prophet  from this world.

Rather Muawiya accepted Islam earlier, a year after Hudaybiyya, when the Prophet -SAW- and his companions came to make up the Umra in the seventh year after Hijrah, 3 years before the departure of the Prophet (pbuh) from this world. However, he could not leave to Medina out of fear of his father, since the Hudaybiyya treaty states that any Muslim immigrant coming to Medinah from Mecca is to returned to Meccah and handed over to Quraysh.

And in the space of those two years when he could have been blessed with "companionship", it is said that he visited the Prophet  only once because he and his family were in Mecca, whereas the Prophet returned with the ansars to Medina

Rather he was in Medina and the Prophet image008.gif assigned him as his scribe.

He immigrated there and left his wealthy state in Mecca. This is evident from incident of Fatima Bint Qais:

Muslim, Book 009, Number 3512:

Fatima bint Qais reported that Abu 'Amr b. Hafs divorced her absolutely when he was away from home, and he sent his agent to her with some barley. She was displeased with him and when he said: I swear by Allah that you have no claim on us. she went to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and mentioned that to him. He said: There is no maintenance due to you from him, and he commanded her to spend the 'Idda in the house of Umm Sharik, but then said: That is a woman whom my companions visit. So better spend this period in the house of Ibn Umm Maktum, for he is a blind man and yon can put off your garments. And when the 'Idda is over, inform me. She said: When my period of 'Idda was over, I mentioned to him that Mu'awiya b. Abu Sufyan and Jahm had sent proposal of marriage to me, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: As for Abu Jahm, he does not put down his staff from his shoulder, and as for Mu'awiya, he is a poor man having no property; marry Usama b. Zaid. I objected to him, but he again said: Marry Usama; so I married him. Allah blessed there in and I was envied (by others).

Another narration that proves that Muawiya (r.a) lived in Medina after the conquest of Mecca:

Muslim, Book 032, Number 6298:

Ibn Abbas reported: I was playing with children that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) happened to pass by (us). I hid myself behind the door. He (the Holy Prophet) came and he patted upon my shoulders and said: Go and call Mu'awiya. I returned and said: He is busy in taking food. He again asked me to go and call Mu'swiya to him. I went (and came back) and said that he was busy in taking food, whereupon he said: May Allah not fill his belly! Ibn Muthanna, said: I asked Umm Umayya what he meant by the word Hatani. He said: It means" he patted my shoulders".

And also the following narration:

Ahmad, Number 16526:

Al-Erbadh Ibn Sariyya Al-Sulami said: I heard the Messenger of Allah -SAW- calling for Suhoor during the month of Ramadan: " Come over to the blessed meal" , and then I heard him say: " O Allah! Teach Muawiya the Book, counting and protect him from the Punishment"

He was with the Prophet -SAW- in the battle of Hunain, and the Prophet -SAW- gave him from the booty 100 camels and 40 awqiya.

He was with the Prophet -SAW- in his Hajj, and he was the one who cut the Prophet's -SAW- hair after he finished his Hajj.

So there is not the slightest doubt that Muawiya (ra) was blessed with companionship of the Prophet -SAW-, not only that but also his sister, Umm Habiba (ra) , was the wife of the Prophet -SAW- and the mother of believers, so he had the privelge of entering one of the houses of the Prophet -SAW- and getting a closer companionship with the Prophet -SAW- even within his private quarters.

You say the hadees is fabricated. Below are your own hadees which will confirm what I said in very similar words, but have the same spirit and meaning. You are no reader.

For detailed account of the battle of Khandak, the following books may be consulted.

1. Kitabul Mukhtasar fi Akhbaril Bashar by Abul Fida.

2. Izalat ul Khifa by Shah Waliullah Dehlavi.

3. Tarikh e Kamil by Ibna e Aseer Juzari.

4. Tabari

If I see that one side is fighting against the other then I would join AGAINST the side who doesn't want to stop the fighting until it stops. After it stops then I would bring peace between them since they are both believers and Allah loves those who are just.

Mr Muawiya, your childish answer above makes me believe that you are living in a different world. Enver

image006.gif I feel very sorry when our sunni brothers accuse our beloved Hadhrat Muawvia (ra) of many bad things. This thing must be avoided how we can convince Shia mushriks on this issue when our sunni brothers are saying so. Check these links.

Shikh Al-tarikat Hazrat khuaja Mehabub Kasim Chishti Qadri he was lier that he is saying Abu Sufiaan , Mavia , Hinda and Yazeed are kafir and killer of Ali (ra) and Hassan (ra) in following links.

MAIN PAGE

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~imranjaffry/A.../Aisha/Main.jpg

They say Hadhrat Muawvia (ra) killed Hadhrat Aysha (ra)

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~imranjaffry/A...a/Aisha%201.jpg

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~imranjaffry/A...a/Aisha%202.jpg

these views are realy annoying for me least. What do u say my brothers. These are in urdu. Allah Hafiz

image006.gif

Welcome to the board brother, it is advisable to write [ra] after the name of all the blessed companions may Allah be pleased with them all, these so called sunnies who bad mouth blessed companions are plant of deviated shia among Sunnies who are the true followers of Islam as practised and preached by Nabi Allah image008.gif .

Edited by Fatah-Momin

image006.gif

jazakAllah khayr salafi

You see how extreme they go.. First they say that Aisha caused the death of uthman (which is nonsense) and then used this to rebell against Ali.. (nonsense) then she did not let hasan get buried next to the Prophet image008.gif then Muawiyah killed her.....(nonsense). It is very very rediculous there hatred has gone so far to where there is a fairytale for them to tell about every single one of the sahabah. May Allah burn them in the hellfire for their shirk and hatred of the believers.. ameeen

SHIAS DONT BELIEV IN MUAWIYA THAT IS WHY U SAY THEM KAFFIR BUT FIRST OF ALL YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOU CRUEL LEADER MUAWIYA

The meaning of Mu'awiya

The leading Ulema of Ahl'ul Sunnah are in agreement that Mu'awiya means [edited]

For those interested they can consult the following texts:

Tareekh ul Khulafa by al Hafidh Jalaluddin Suyuti (Urdu translation by Maulana Hakeem Nasree) page 253.

Sharh ul Aqaid page 510

Rabi' ul Abrar by Allamah Zamakhshari page 700

Tahzeeb ul Kamaal fi Asma' al-Rijal by Jamaluddin Mizzi page 371

Hadhrath Ayesha's testimony about methods of Nikah during the time of Jahiliyya

We read in Sahih al Bukhari "Book of Nikah" - Chapter "Whoever said, a marriage is not valid except with the woman's relatives" - Hadhrath Ayesha narrates:

"?there were four types of marriage during the Pre-Islamic period of ignorance. One type was similar to that of the present day, i.e. a man used to ask somebody else for the hand of a girl under his guardianship or for his daughter's hand?. another type of marriage was that a group of less than ten men would assemble and enter upon a women, and all of them would have sexual relations with her. If she became pregnant and delivered a child and some days had passed after her delivery, she would send for all of them and none of them could refuse to come, and when they all gathered before her she would say to them "You (all) know what you have done and now I have given birth to a child. So it is your child O so and so! Naming whoever she liked and her child would follow him and he could not refuse to take him.."

Although not translated in the English by Dr Muhsin Khan, the original Arabic text states Ayesha calling this "Nikah Ijtimah" (Combined Nikah).

Mu'awiya bin Hind was the product of Nikah Ijtimah (Combined Nikah)

Ibn Abi al Hadeed in Sharh Nahjul Balagha notes the following in Volume 10 page 130:

"When Mu'awiya was born, four people were thought to have been his father Abi bin Umar bin Musaafir, Abi Umar bin Waleed, Abbas bin Abdul Muttalib and Sabah the Ethiopian. 'Abu Sufyan was short and ugly whilst Sabah was young and handsome, Hinda offered him sex and amongst the Arabs there was also a view that 'Abu Sufyan's other son Utbah was also a product of this union".

Similarly in Rabi'ul Abrar by Allamah Zamakhshari Volume 3 page 551:

"There were four people who were thought to be Mu'awiya's father, Abi bin Umar bin Musaafir, Abi Umar bin Waleed, Abbas bin Abdul Muttalib and Sabah"

Rabi'ul Abrar by Allamah Zamakhshari Volume 3 page 551

In Tadkhirath al Khawwas page 114 Chapter 7 we read:

"Sham bin Muhammad Kalbi in his book Kitab Mushab notes that Imam Hasan said to Mu'awiya 'Are you aware of the bed from which you was conceived?' This means he was born from four fathers".

In Thanzeeya al Nasab fi Kubul al Arab we learn that:

"In relation to the birth of Mu'awiya, four men were viewed to have been his father Umr bin Waleed bin Mugheera, Musaafir Abi Umar, 'Abu Sufyan and a forth individual was also involved. Hinda was a prostitute and had sex with black men, if any children were born from such a union she would kill them."

We read Sharh Ibn al Hadeed Volume 4 page 94 under the Chapter "Mun Kitab Ziyad Ubayya" that:

"Mu'awiya wrote a letter to Ziyad, the contents of which included the words 'O son of Sumayya' (amongst the Arabs there was a tradition that if one's ancestry was questionable, then that individual would be called by their mother's name. In the same way that Imam Hasan referred to Marwan as 'Ibn Zurqa'- Mu'awiya sought to mock Ziyad by calling him the son of Sumayya?Ziyad replied to Mu'awiya with these words 'Mu'awiya you called me by the name of my mother Sumayya, so as to mock me, well if I am the son of Sumayya then you are 'Ibne Jamaat' as you was a product of Nikah ijtimah".

Was Mu'awiya a Momin or Munafiq?

We have already presented to our objective readers the wonderful deeds of Mu'awiya, what should we say of his Iman?

The sign of a Munafiq is hatred of Hadhrath 'Ali (as)

As a starting pointing let us consider the words of Hadhrath 'Ali (as):

"By him who split up the seed and created something living, the Apostle (may peace and blessing be upon him) gave me a promise that no one but a believer would love me, and none but a hypocrite would nurse grudge against me. - Sahih Muslim, English version, Chapter XXXIV, p46, Tradition #141"

Its is little wonder that we have the testimony of Abu Said al Khudri:

"We recognized the hypocrites by their hatred of Ali." (Fada'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p639, Tradition 1086 - al-Isti'ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v3, p47 - al-Riyad al-Nadirah, by al-Muhibb al-Tabari, v3, p242)

One wonders how Abu Sulaiman and his Nasibi brethren can prove that Mu'awiya loved Hadhrath 'Ali (as).

Let us look at some other traditions before concluding on Mu'awiya:

The Messenger of Allah said:

"Whoever hurts Ali, has hurt me"

Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, p483; al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, Ch. 11, section 1, p263

The Messenger of Allah said:

"Whoever curses Ali, cursed me"

1. al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p121, who mentioned this tradition is Authentic

2. Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v6, p323

3. Mishkat al-Masabih, English version, Tradition 6092

4. Tarikh al-Khulafa, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, p173

Rasulullah (s) said:

"Whoever leaves Ali, leaves me, whoever leaves me, leaves Allah" [Kanz ul Ummal, hadith numbers 32974 - 32976, narrated by Abdullah ibne`Umar {through two chains} and Abu Dharr Ghaffari (ra).

al Mustadrak al Hakim, Vol. 3, Page 146

As we have already cited earlier Rasulullah (s) also said:

"Whoever obeys 'Ali, obeys me, whoever obeys me, obeys Allah, whoever disobeys 'Ali disobeys me, whoever disobeys me, disobeys Allah" [Kanz ul Ummal, hadith numbers 32973]

So these hadith tell us:

The sign of a Munafiq is hatred of Ali (as)

Whoever leaves, disobeys and curses 'Ali - in fact leaves, disobeys and curses Allah (swt)

Having proven that Mu'awiya cursed Imam Ali (as), perhaps it is time that Abu Sulaiman breaks free from his Nasibi ideology and answers this:

Did Mu'awiya leave, disobey and curse 'Ali?

Is an individual who leaves, disobeys and curses Allah (swt) a Muslim?

This being the case could Abu Sulaiman kindly explain why it is that he has throughout the article insisted on giving Mu'awiya the title (ra)? Is Allah (swt) pleased with someone that disobeys and curses him?

Committing this sin of cursing Imam 'Ali (as) as an individual is bad enough, one wonders how Allah (swt) will deal with the fact that Mu'awiya introduced this practice through his empire thus leading thousands of Muslims (three generations) to commit this ijtimali (combined sin). Will Allah (swt) appreciate this innovation?

Mod note: If you do not know the meaning of a name ask. the Mauwiyah mean Desert Fox.

Edited by Fatah-Momin

salam brothers and sisters

well i believe in muawiya (ra) as a sahaba. and since he got that status. we cannot say anyhing bad about him

but i want to take up some points after reading the first post in here.

-how can hazrat muawiya ibn abu sufiayn (ra) be better than hazrat umar farooq ® , who were one of the asharu mubashireen, and one of the four khalifa tun nabi.

-why is hazrat muawiya ibn abu sufyian (ra) described as a king, while kingship is haram in islam. even the royalities of ummayads, abbasids, ottomans, saudis... they all are haram. passing position from father to son without the permission of the ummah is haraam.

the first four caliphs were chosen with the election from eleders , by tribal leaders and notorious sahabis

-is hazrat muawiya ibn abu sufyan (ra) Seen on as khalifa rahshedeen?

becouse a hadith says "there will be 12 khalifa rashedeen before imam mahdi comes" shias use it to support the imamate of the 12 imams. while sunnis belive that

hazrat abu bakr as-siddiq (ra)

hazrat umar farooq (ra)

hazrat uthman ghani (ra)

hazrat ali asadullah (ra)

are the khalifa rashedeen.

while some would also incorporate the short lived rule of

hazrat imam hassan ibn ali (ra)

and then include the rule of

hazrat muawiya ibn abu sufyan (ra)

after him yazid ibn muawiya took the leadership. while some would say that at that time

hazrat abdullah ibn zubayr (ra)

would have suitet as khalifa rashedeen.

can someone please tell who sunnis recognise as khalifa rashedeen

Edited

Same nonsense posted in other thread.

Edited by UmarBinKhatab

Muawiya ([Edited]) is the murderer of following personalities.

Imam hassan image019.gif

Imam Ali asadullah image019.gif

and Umul mominnes Ayesha image009.gif

He used other persons in these killings . He did because he wanted to be king and start banu umaya dynasty.

LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

LIKE MUAWIYA LIKE YAZEED

Edited

Ibn Abi al Hadeed in Sharh Nahjul Balagha notes the following in Volume 10 page 130:

"When Mu'awiya was born, four people were thought to have been his father Abi bin Umar bin Musaafir, Abi Umar bin Waleed, Abbas bin Abdul Muttalib and Sabah the Ethiopian. 'Abu Sufyan was short and ugly whilst Sabah was young and handsome, Hinda offered him sex and amongst the Arabs there was also a view that 'Abu Sufyan's other son Utbah was also a product of this union".

Similarly in Rabi'ul Abrar by Allamah Zamakhshari Volume 3 page 551:

"There were four people who were thought to be Mu'awiya's father, Abi bin Umar bin Musaafir, Abi Umar bin Waleed, Abbas bin Abdul Muttalib and Sabah"

Rabi'ul Abrar by Allamah Zamakhshari Volume 3 page 551

In Tadkhirath al Khawwas page 114 Chapter 7 we read:

"Sham bin Muhammad Kalbi in his book Kitab Mushab notes that Imam Hasan said to Mu'awiya 'Are you aware of the bed from which you was conceived?' This means he was born from four fathers".

In Thanzeeya al Nasab fi Kubul al Arab we learn that:

"In relation to the birth of Mu'awiya, four men were viewed to have been his father Umr bin Waleed bin Mugheera, Musaafir Abi Umar, 'Abu Sufyan and a forth individual was also involved. Hinda was a prostitute and had sex with black men, if any children were born from such a union she would kill them."

Edited for repeating the same nonsense posted above.

We read Sharh Ibn al Hadeed Volume 4 page 94 under the Chapter "Mun Kitab Ziyad Ubayya" that:

"Mu'awiya wrote a letter to Ziyad, the contents of which included the words 'O son of Sumayya' (amongst the Arabs there was a tradition that if one's ancestry was questionable, then that individual would be called by their mother's name. In the same way that Imam Hasan referred to Marwan as 'Ibn Zurqa'- Mu'awiya sought to mock Ziyad by calling him the son of Sumayya?Ziyad replied to Mu'awiya with these words 'Mu'awiya you called me by the name of my mother Sumayya, so as to mock me, well if I am the son of Sumayya then you are 'Ibne Jamaat' as you was a product of Nikah ijtimah".

aray jissay tum ammeer or ameerul momineen kehtay ho uskay BIRTH kay baray main to parho. MUAWIYA THE SPIRITUAL LEADER OF AZAM TARIQ (LANATULLAH ALAIHI) AND ALL NASIBIS.

Member suspended for abusing Muawiya (ra)

Edited by UmarBinKhatab

hazrat muawiya (ra) did not kill these persons

hazrat ali ibn abu talib (ra)

-it was a common plot set up by the khwarijites. they sent three assasins. one to the ameer ul momineen hazrat ali (ra), one to governor of sham hazrat muawiya (ra) and one to governor of missr (dont know the name)

although the missrian governor were not found by the assasin, while muawiya (ra) got some small injuries. hazrat ali (ra) were martyred during sajdah.

hazrat aisha bint abu bakr (ra)

-as far as i know she died in the age of between 60-7- i think (sourse says : she lived fifty years after the death of the prophet mohammad saww

hazrat hassan ibn ali (ra)

-as for is he were poisoned or not. i dont know. but 1400 years later we cannot assume that a caliphs martyred him. there are many more persons in the government

one to governor of missr (dont know the name)

Amr Ibn Al3aas (Radiallahu 3anh)