Fatah-Momin

Hadith of the day

190 posts in this topic

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 14: Narrated 'Amr bin Al-As: The Prophet deputed me to read the Army of Dhat-as-Salasil. I came to him and said, "Who is the most beloved person to you?" He said, " 'Aisha." I asked, "Among the men?" He said, "Her father." I said, "Who then?" He said, "Then 'Umar bin Al-Khattab." He then named other men.

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 38: Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Among the nations before you there used to be people who were inspired (though they were not prophets). And if there is any of such a persons amongst my followers, it is 'Umar." Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Among the nation of Bani Israel who lived before you, there were men who used to be inspired with guidance though they were not prophets, and if there is any of such persons amongst my followers, it is 'Umar."

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 93: Narrated 'Uqba bin Al-Harith: I saw Abu Bakr carrying Al-Hasan and saying, "Let my father be sacrificed for you; you resemble the Prophet and not 'Ali," while 'Ali was laughing at this.

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 112: Narrated Abu Salama: 'Aisha said, "Once Allah's Apostle said (to me), 'O Aish ('Aisha)! This is Gabriel greeting you.' I said, 'Peace and Allah's Mercy and Blessings be on him, you see what I don't see' " She was addressing Allah 's Apostle.

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 113: Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari: Allah's Apostle said, "Many amongst men attained perfection but amongst women none attained the perfection except Mary, the daughter of Imran and Asiya, the wife of Pharaoh. And the superiority of 'Aisha to other women is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e. an Arabic dish) to other meals."

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 119: Narrated Hisham's father: The people used to send presents to the Prophet on the day of 'Aisha's turn. 'Aisha said, "My companions (i.e. the other wives of the Prophet) gathered in the house of Um Salama and said, "0 Um Salama! By Allah, the people choose to send presents on the day of 'Aisha's turn and we too, love the good (i.e. presents etc.) as 'Aisha does. You should tell Allah's Apostle to tell the people to send their presents to him wherever he may be, or wherever his turn may be." Um Salama said that to the Prophet and he turned away from her, and when the Prophet returned to her (i.e. Um Salama), she repeated the same, and the Prophet again turned away, and when she told him the same for the third time, the Prophet said, "O Um Salama! Don't trouble me by harming 'Aisha, for by Allah, the Divine Inspiration never came to me while I was under the blanket of any woman amongst you except her."

Book 031, Number 5920: Yazid b. Hayyan reported, I went along with Husain b. Sabra and 'Umar b. Muslim to Zaid b. Arqam and, as we sat by his side, Husain said to him: Zaid. you have been able to acquire a great virtue that you saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) listened to his talk, fought by his side in (different) battles, offered prayer behind me. Zaid, you have in fact earned a great virtue. Zaid, narrate to us what you heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). He said: I have grown old and have almost spent my age and I have forgotten some of the things which I remembered in connection with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), so accept whatever I narrate to you, and which I do not narrate do not compel me to do that. He then said: One day Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stood up to deliver sermon at a watering place known as Khumm situated between Mecca and Medina. He praised Allah, extolled Him and delivered the sermon and. exhorted (us) and said: Now to our purpose. O people, I am a human being. I am about to receive a messenger (the angel of death) from my Lord and I, in response to Allah's call, (would bid good-bye to you), but I am leaving among you two weighty things: the one being the Book of Allah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it. He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to the Book of Allah and then said: The second are the members of my household I remind you (of your duties) to the members of my family. He (Husain) said to Zaid: Who are the members of his household? Aren't his wives the members of his family? Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family (but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. And he said: Who are they? Thereupon he said: 'Ali and the offspring of 'Ali, 'Aqil and the offspring of 'Aqil and the offspring of Ja'far and the offspring of 'Abbas. Husain said: These are those for whom the acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. Zaid said: Yes.

Hazrat Jabir, may Allah be pleased with him, reported: We went forward with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and when we reached Dhat Al-Riqa', we came to a shady tree which we left for him. One of the polytheists came there and, seeing the sword of the Messenger (may peace be upon him) hanging by a tree, took it up, drew it from the scabbard and asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him): Are you afraid of me? He (the Holy Prophet) said: No. He again asked: Who would protect you from me? He said: Allah will protect me from you. The Companions of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) threatened him. He sheathed the sword and hung it up. Then call to the Prayer was made and he (the Holy Prophet) led a group in two rak'ahs. Then (the members of this group) withdrew and he led the second group in two rak'ahs. So the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed four rak'ahs and people observed two rak'ahs. Hadith number in Sahih Muslim:1391. May Allah Almighty shower His blessing and favour upon Prophet Mohammad(pbuh),His Family,Companions and all those who follow Him(pbuh) until the day of judgement.Ameen

Khalid ibn al Wald (Radi Allahu Ta'ala anhu) narrated the following hadith: A Bedouin came one day to the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alahi wasallam) and said to him, 'O, Messenger of Allah! I've come to ask you a few questions about the affairs of this Life and the Hereafter.' - 'Ask what you wish' said Rasulullah (sallallahu 'alahi wasallam). Q: I'd like to be the most learned of men. A: Fear Allah, and you will be the most learned of men. Q: I wish to be the richest man in the world. A: Be contented, and you will be the richest man in the world. Q: I'd like to be the most just man. A: Desire for others what you desire for yourself, and you will be the most just of men. Q: I want to be the best of men. A: Do good to others and you will be the best of men. Q: I wish to be the most favored by Allah. A: Engage much in Allah's praise, and you will be most favored by Him. Q: I'd like to complete my faith. A: If you have good manners you will complete your faith Q: I wish to be among those who do good. A: Adore Allah as if you see Him. If you don 't see Him, He seeth you. In this way you will be among those who do good. Q: I wish to be obedient to Allah. A: If you observe Allah's commands you will be obedient. Q: I'd like to be free from all sins. A: Bathe yourself from impurities and you will be free from all sins. Q: I'd like to be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light. A: Don't wrong yourself or any other creature, and you will be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light. Q: I'd like Allah to bestow His mercy on me. A: If you have mercy on yourself and others, Allah will grant you mercy on the Day of Judgement. Q: I'd like my sins to be very few. A: If you seek the forgiveness Allah as much as you can, your sins will be very few. Q: I'd like to be the most honorable man. A: If you do not complain to any fellow creature, you will be the most honorable of men. Q: I'd like to be the strongest of men. A: If you put your trust in Allah, you will be the strongest of men. Q: I'd like to enlarge my provision. A: If you keep yourself pure, Allah will enlarge your provision. Q: I'd like to be loved by Allah and His messenger. A: If you love what Allah and His messenger love, you will be among their beloved ones. Q: I wish to be safe from Allah's wrath on the Day of Judgement. A: If you do not loose your temper with any of your fellow creatures, you will be safe from the wrath of Allah on the Day of Judgement. Q: I'd like my prayers to be responded. A: If you avoid forbidden actions, your prayers will he responded. Q: I'd like Allah not to disgrace me on the Day of Judgement. A: If you guard your chastity, Allah will not disgrace you on the Day of Judgement. Q: I'd like Allah to provide me with a protective covering on the Day of Judgement. A: Do not uncover your fellow creatures faults, and Allah will provide you with a covering protection on the Day of Judgement. Q: What will save me from sins? A: Tears, humility and illness. Q: What are the best deeds in the eyes of Allah? A: Gentle manners, modesty and patience. Q: What are the worst evils in the eyes of Allah? A: Hot temper and miserliness. Q: What assuages the wrath of Allah in this life and in the Hereafter? A: Concealed charity and kindness to relatives. Q: What extinguishes hell's fires on the Day of Judgement? A: Patience in adversity and misfortunes. Related by Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (Rahmatullah Ta'ala 'alaih) May Allah Almighty shower His blessing and favour upon Prophet Mohammad(pbuh),His Family,Companions and all those who follow Him(pbuh) until the day of judgement.Ameen

Hazrat Harithah bin Wahab (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, "Shall I not inform you about the inmates of Hell.? It is every violent, impertinent and proud person.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim] (Agreed upon). May Allah Almighty shower His blessing and favour upon Prophet Mohammad(pbuh),His Family,Companions and all those who follow Him(pbuh) until the day of judgement.Ameen

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, "When a man dies, his deeds come to an end, except for three: A continuous charity, knowledge by which people derive benefit, pious children who prays for him.'' [Muslim]. May Allah Almighty shower His blessing and favour upon Prophet Mohammad(pbuh),His Family,Companions and all those who follow Him(pbuh) until the day of judgement.Ameen

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Those who draw pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection; and it will be said to them: `Breathe soul into what you have created.''' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].Agreed upon. May Allah Almighty shower His blessing and favour upon Prophet Mohammad(pbuh),His Family,Companions and all those who follow Him(pbuh) until the day of judgement.Ameen

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab(r.a): I heard Allah's Apostle(pbuh) saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for." (Book 1, Hadith 1) Sahih Bukhari May Allah Almighty shower His blessing and favour upon Prophet Mohammad(pbuh),His Family,Companions and all those who follow Him(pbuh) until the day of judgement.Ameen