some1

Virtue of Sayyedina Abu Bakr Siddique (R.A) in Shi'ites Tafsir & Hadith

88 posts in this topic

In Holy Quran:

Surah lail or the night(92) Allah (swt) says:

17. But those most devoted to Allah shall be removed far from it,-

18. Those who spend their wealth for increase in self-purification,

19. And have in their minds no favour from anyone for which a reward is expected in return,

20. But only the desire to seek for the Countenance of their Lord Most High;

In shia tafsir Majma-ul biyaan it mentioned that this ayah refers to Sayyedina Abu Bakr(R.A).

قال أن الآية نزلت في أبي بكر لأنه اشترى المماليك الذين أسلموا مثل بلال و عامر

In Hiyat-ul-quloob of Mullaq baqir majisi its mentioned that Sayyedina Abu Bakr sidiq (R.A) payed

to free Hazrat Bilal and Amir (R.A) from slavery.

In Surah zumar:

33. "And he who brings the Truth and he who confirms (and supports) it - such are the men who do right."

In shia tafisr majma ul biyan its mentioned:

قيل الذي جاء بالصدق رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) و صدق به أبو بكر

It has been said that the one who brought truthfulness is the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) and Abu Bakr believed in it.

Surprised to hear that from Majlisi.

Edited by Abdaal

Mod Note: you are banned for using tabarrah against sahaba.

Edited by Fatah-Momin

These aren't tafsir but hadith.

____

Al-Majlisee narrated a tradition from at-Toosee stating that 'Ali Ibn Abee Talib r.a told his companions: "I advise you not to tease the companions of the prophet s.a.w. They are the companions of those who neither introduced any innovation into the faith nor did they honour innovators. Yes, this is the advice of the prophet s.a.w about them"

Al-Majlisee, Hayyat ul-Quloob (vol. 2), p. 621

Imam Ja'far 'as-Saadiq said:

"The companions of the prophet s.a.w numbered 12,000. 8000 from Madeenah, 2000 from Makkah, and 2000 from Talakas. None of them was a Qadree, a Marharbee, a Harooree or a Mu'tazilee. None of them held an opinion that clashed with the established tenets of the Qur'an and Sunnah...they spent their nights weeping and praying, "Oh Allah take away our lives before we eat bread"

al-Qummee, Kitaab ul-Khisaal (Tehraan: Maktabah as-Sudooq), p. 640

Edited by nays

"Ali said: Allaah has chosen many people from among the Muslims to approve extend the divine mission. Allaah and his messenger have conferred the highest status on the first two Caliphs. Abu Bakr and 'Umar. I swear by my own life that they occupy the greatest position in the fold of Islaam. May Allaah have mercy upon them, they suffered intensely for the sake of Islaam. May Allaah compensate them for their sacrifices."

Ibn ul-Mitham, Sharh Nahj ul-Balaghaa ('Iraan) p. 488

When 'Umar r.a died, 'Ali r.a asked Allah to bless him and have peace in him saying,

"There is no other person on earth with whose deeds I desire to merge with my deeds, except the man in this coffin."

Recorded by many Shee'ah scholars: Sayyid Murtadha in Kitaab ush-Shaafee, p. 171; Abu Jaa'far at-Toosee in Talkhees ash-Shaafee ('Iraan: vol. 2; p. 428); Ibn Babwee, Ibn Abee'l-Hadeed and Sudooq in Ma'ani ul-Akhbaar ('Iraan, p. 117).

Ihsan Ilahi Zaheer also notes that this tradition is recorded by Sunni scholars such as al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak; adh-Dhahabi in at-Talkhees, Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Tabaqaat of Ibn Sa'd, with similar traditions in Bukharee and Muslim.

Another Shii'a book also states that Ali r.a said:

"The best men in the community after the Prophet s.a.w are Abu Bakr and 'Umar"

Sayyid Murtadha, Kitaab ush-Shaafee (volume 2) p. 428

Edited by nays

Masha'Allah, A GREAT THREAD...

Bro Fatah, add it into stick threads, its a great resource

In Surah 24:Nur Allah(swt) says:

22. Let not those among you who are endued with grace and amplitude of means resolve by oath against helping their kinsmen, those in want, and those who have left their homes in Allah's cause: let them forgive and overlook, do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.(Yusuf Ali).

22 And let not those who possess dignity and ease among you swear not to give to the near of kin and to the needy, and to fugitives for the cause of Allah. Let them forgive and show indulgence. Yearn ye not that Allah may forgive you ? Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.(Pickthall)

Shia tafisr Majma-ul-biyan says:

قيل إن قوله

Edited by some1

INow we must ponder why Allah(swt) calls a munafiq(nauzbillah) as per shia beliefs to be a dignified person.While in same surah other verses condenming munafiqs use very strict lanuage.

Really thought provoking... some1 dear, you r too good bro... Keep up this great work... Insha'Allah once we have enough of it we will compile it in an article form...

Wassalam Alikum

Really thought provoking... some1 dear, you r too good bro... Keep up this great work... Insha'Allah once we have enough of it we will compile it in an article form...

Wassalam Alikum

Thanks bro Ali Muawiyah,Much can be said on this topic.But my try is to find online sources so none of shia can deny these sources.

What was sad to see was the commentary by shia "Pooya Ali" at [not allowed]

He says:

"Mistah was a sahabi (companion) of the Holy Prophet but because of his role in the incident he was punished by the Holy Prophet. It shows that every sahabi was not righteous. According to Allah's law (indallah) four witnesses have to be produced even if the accusation is true." (Not sure whether Prophet(saw) punished or not but I will take this as true for sake of arguement).

Now the verse says:

let them forgive and overlook, do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

1.Ahlus sunnah never claimed Companions were "Masoom" i.e sinless.

2.When Allah(swt) has forgave then what do shia have to object?!! Seems like they are not happy with decision of Almighty.

3.According shia belives Companions were Munafiqs(Nauzbillah) I ask is that how Allah(swt) behaves with Munafiqs? Allah(swt) said regarding Munafiqs that if Prophet(saw) the final and greatest person ever,even if he prays 70 times for these munafiqs Allah(swt) will not accept his Mujfirat.Why Allah(swt) always forgives Companions?

4.What about those "people" who "today" speak ill of Sayyeda Ayesha saddiqa Mutahira(R.A) and attribute to her evil which is refuted by Allah(swt).

5.Then he starts on Sayyedina Abu Bakr(R.A).When Allah(swt) has called him "Afzal" then why shia critsize him.His all point of critizism is that why Sayyedina Abu Bakr(R.A) stopped co-operating?(a) I say when Prophet(saw) has supposedly punished the Companion(R.A) [according to him] then what right he has to criticize Sayyedina Abu Bakr(R.A)? (b) When Prophet(saw) forgave Hazrat Wahsee(R.A) but told him to go away then why attack Sayyedina Abu Bakr(R.A)?

6.What is the way Allah(swt) calls munafiqs in quran? Allah(swt) calls thier leader Abudullah ibn Ibui as a "zaleel" a very disrespected person.But when it comes to Siddeq Akbar(R.A) how is Allah(swt) call him?

In the tafsir of Surah Taubah تفسير القمي الجزء1صفحة290 :

Ali Bin Ibrahim Qummi writes:

حدثنى ابى عن بعض رجاله رفعه إلى ابى عبدالله قال لما كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله في الغار قال لفلان كانى انظر إلى سفينة جعفر في اصحابه يقوم في البحر وانظر إلى الانصار محتسبين في افنيتهم فقال فلان وتراهم يارسول الله قال نعم قال فارنيهم فمسح على عينيه فرآهم فقال له رسول الله انت الصديق

From this tafsir we understand that the title"Sideeq" was given to Sayyedina Abu Bakr siddeq(R.A) by Prophet(saw) in cave of saur.

Joh Sideeq koh na maney woh zindeeq hai

Edited by some1

^^^ Very true, Alhamdolillah our stance is clear... Sahaba R.A are not "Masoom", no one is save Prophets A.S, they are "Magh'foor" i.e. we believe that because of the company of Rasool Allah SAW, their Imaan rose to a level where they could not live with errors in their account unless untill they repented for their error... Its simple, yes they committed errors, but their hasnaat were far more than a few humanly errors, and besides their repenting deep from the heart earned them the glad tidings from Allah SWT in this world even when he SAW said "Radi Allah ho anhum wara'zu anhum".... So we belive that they were companions of Prophet SAW in this world and the hereafter INSHA'ALLAH...

Wassalam Alikum

P.S: Bro keep posting things in this topic even if they are not online, insha'Allah we will look for the scans of those posts to which online reference is not vailable... Bro nays, u also keep on posting here plz...

Salam brothers,

I wish to know when is the word "انّ" used in arabic? Is it not when there is doubt from the other side? If this is true, then I believe we must relook at the quran, about the 2 in the cave. If the case is that Abu Bakr had doubt about God's existence, even for a slight second, then we must abandon the idea that he is the rightful calipha of the Prophet (Pbuh).

Salam brothers,

I wish to know when is the word "انّ" used in arabic? Is it not when there is doubt from the other side? If this is true, then I believe we must relook at the quran, about the 2 in the cave. If the case is that Abu Bakr had doubt about God's existence, even for a slight second, then we must abandon the idea that he is the rightful calipha of the Prophet (Pbuh).

Welcome to the board brother,Sayyedina Abu Bakr siddeq(R.A) had no doubt on existence of Allah Almighty(swt).He was worrying about the life of Prophet(saw).

For more and comprehensive info you can refer here: